Yeti Cave CrossFit is the perfect place to try CrossFit. The Fundamentals course is designed for people new to the movements done in CrossFit in order to set you up for success in the regular classes.
I have been an active “CrossFitter” since 2010. I got my CF-L1 in 2011 and have been coaching throughout my time in collage and in the army. Since, I’ve also gained my CF-L2 and CrossFit Kids Certificates.
What will you learn in Fundamentals?
- Nine fundamental movements used in CrossFit, aka “the building blocks.”
- Air Squat, Front Squat, Overhead Squat
- Shoulder Press, Push Press, Push Jerk
- Deadlift, Sumo-Deadlift High-pull, Medicine Ball Clean
- Intro to Snatch and Clean and Jerk
- CrossFit training methodologies and how they help you achieve your goals
- CrossFit common lingo
- Nutrition basics of Paleo and Zone methodologies
Fundamentals is a six session, two week course. Come ready to learn, practice good reps, work out and have fun! Get started at Yeti Cave CrossFit today!
The learning never stops!
Once you graduate from the Fundamentals course and join regular classes, you will feel comfortable knowing each class follows this template:
- Warm Up – Mobilize
- Skills and Drills – Reviewing the movements used in today’s workout
- Work Out
- Cool Down – Stretching
During every session every member will get feedback from the coach; whether you’re doing it right or wrong, the coach will either let you know it looks good or address the deficiency until you’re able to perform the movement correctly and safely.